Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Half Moon Modern Half Square Triangles!

 I finished my Half Moon Modern HST quilt!  This might be my favorite quilt of all the ones I've made so far.  I love the asymmetry, the negative space, and the prints on the fabrics.
I quilted lines on each side of each grey/print seam using my walking foot.  I thought about trying to do some sort of FMQ filler in the negative space, but I wasn't confident in my FMQ skills and I like that the simple quilting leaves the focus on the fabric and patchwork.
There are big polka dots on the back and the binding is the paisley print from the Half Moon Modern collection.  The quilt top was made from two charm packs of Half Moon Modern and grey yardage, and the batting is Warm and Natural.

The top was about 48 by 60".  I didn't bother to measure it after quilting/binding/washing/drying.  The quilt is coming to work to keep my warm in my over-air-conditioned office this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment