Sunday, September 29, 2013
Thursday, September 26, 2013
this tutorial. They have quilting cotton on one side and terry cloth on the other, and they were very easy to make (and used almost no fabric - I bought 5/8 yard of terry cloth and had enough left over to make at least 3 or 4 more). The most exciting part was putting on the snaps. I was going to use velcro instead, but then I though it might scratch the baby or get stuck things, and I figured the snap attaching tool might come in handy in the future. The snaps were easy to put in with the tool, and I'm already thinking of other things I could make that could benefit from snap closures!
Sunday, September 22, 2013
I got about 2/3 of the way around one sleeve on Thursday, and worked on it a bit more between services at church this morning (the picture above is from before church). I think it will take me about two more weeks to finish the shrug, and then I'll have to figure out what to knit next!
Saturday, September 14, 2013
I tried it on on Thursday morning. The sleeves are just past my elbows, so with a 3-3.5" edging on them, I think they will come out to be a perfect 3/4 length. The only problem is that the opening between the two sleeves is a little bit short. I needed help getting it off after I tried it on. Hopefully it will be easier to get on after everything is finished and I feel a bit better about pulling on the ends of the sleeves (and with practice I will figure out how to get it off on my own). I'm sort of tempted to put a crochet edging around the opening, to make it a bit sturdier, since it being a bit too small will put more stress on the edge when I put in on/wear it/take it off, but I'm a bit worried about making the opening even smaller. I'll have ot see how it fits when it's done (maybe even after blocking) before I decide.
This is my only active knitting project right now. I also have my mitered square blanket with tofutsies leftovers, but that one is on the long-term back burner. I'm looking forward to starting another knitting project when the shrug is done.
Sunday, September 8, 2013
In colloquium, I worked on my not-wedding shrug. It's coming along nicely. I think I'm almost done with the sleeves - I need to try it on before next Thursday. I'm still not sure how long I want the sleeves to be, but after they're done all I have to do is knit on the wide knitted-on lace edging and weave in the ends! I'm also expecting to have quite a bit of yarn leftover from this project, so I'll have to think of something to do with the extra (something worthy of this incredibly luxurious yarn).
Monday, September 2, 2013
The jelly roll and the backing are Cuzco by Kate Spain for Moda. I quilted it with one big spiral using variegated thread. Now it's on my couch, perfect for keeping warm while watching TV!