Thursday, April 23, 2015

Serger Cover!

I decided to turn my paper-pieced blocks from Quiltcon into a cover for my serger. I measured the serge (which is a very strange shape) and drew some diagrams.
I sewed together a strip for the front, top, and back, and quilted that in the ditch to a piece of batting (no backing).  I quilted the green print in parallel straight lines and later cut it into pieces for the side panels.
 Here's the finished front...
. . . and back.

 A close-up of the hole for the handle. I made this the same way I would put an interior pocket in a purse.
 Here's the inside. I made the inside 3/4 inch longer than the outside and finished the edge by turning the inside raw edge up to meet the outer raw edge, then folding the inside piece up again to encase the raw edge.  Then I topstitched around.

No comments:

Post a Comment