Monday, May 25, 2015

A flock of Geese

Week before last I finished up the quilt top for the first of two babies who will be born into my extended family this summer.  I used a bunch of scrap fabrics and some from Hawthorne Threads scrap packs to make a bunch of flying geese.  My original plan was to put in some squares of that owl print, because my cousin (the mom) loves owls, but once I had the geese made and laid out, it seemed too busy, so I put the owls on the back instead.  I filled in around the geese with a charcoal solid.
Here is the back.  I bought half a yard of the owls, but the other two fabrics are stash.
Today I'm going to baste and hopefully quilt this baby quilt.  I think I'm going to stitch in the ditch around the flying geese and then do some straight lines in the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment