Monday, January 5, 2015

First 2015 Finish!

 These Business Casual socks are my first finish of 2015: I finished them night before last.  I now have only four UFOs!  This is the smallest number of works-in-progress I've had in recent memory, and I'm stopping my finish-two-start-one rule.  I think five projects is a reasonable number for me to have, since I'm interested in knitting, spinning, quilting, garment sewing, and occasionally some embroidery and tatting.  My self-imposed guideline for 2015 is no more than five total projects and no more than two of any one craft discipline.  (At the moment, I have two embroidery and two quilting projects, so I'm going to make an effort to finish off at least one of the embroidery projects soon.)
I really enjoyed this pattern.  It was easy to follow and easy to see progress.  The yarn was in my stocking last Christmas (Thanks, Mom!) and it is really soft.  It also has fantastic stitch definition in this pattern!

Pattern: Business Casual (the smaller size, with an eye of partridge heel flap)
Yarn: Redfish DyeWorks Silk Sock (25% silk, 75% SW merino)
started: September, 2014
finished: January 3, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment