Sunday, September 8, 2013

CMS/Colloquium knitting

 I finished my leaf socks in CMS this past week!  They turned out pretty well, except that the second one is slightly bigger than the first one.  It's been many months since I started the first sock, and I seem to be knitting more loosely these days. 
 The yarn for these socks is Spud and Chloe Fine, which is 80% superwash wool and 20% silk.  It has a lovely texture and sheen, and it comes in very generous 65 gram skeins (although at $11/skein, it costs more than I usually like to spend on sock yarn).  I started with two skeins and still have most of one left.  I would love to make more socks in different colorways and then use the leftovers for an afghan or baby blanket.

In colloquium, I worked on my not-wedding shrug.  It's coming along nicely.  I think I'm almost done with the sleeves - I need to try it on before next Thursday.  I'm still not sure how long I want the sleeves to be, but after they're done all I have to do is knit on the wide knitted-on lace edging and weave in the ends!  I'm also expecting to have quite a bit of yarn leftover from this project, so I'll have to think of something to do with the extra (something worthy of this incredibly luxurious yarn).

No comments:

Post a Comment