Washi dress! I bought the fabric with the intention of making this dress at least two years ago. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's Anna Maria Horner Little Folks Voile, lined with a solid navy voile, and it feels so nice to wear.
Rae's video tutorials for a lined dress. It was pretty straightforward. I made a bodice muslin and then sewed the medium as-is, but with probably about 6 inches of extra length in the skirt. Robert helped me level the hem at the right level. I'm really liking my knee-length dresses right now. The lining is hemmed about half an inch shorter than the outer dress, and that seems to work well. I tacked the inner and outer dresses together at the side seams, which are french seams on both the outer dress and lining.
By far the most difficult part of making this dress was sewing in the sleeves. There are notches in the armscyes for the edge of the cap sleeves, but no indication of how the sleeves should be eased in. It may be that the length of the sleeve edge is exactly the same as the length of armscye between the notches, but if so that wasn't much help for pinning them in since the two edges curve in opposite directions. I ended up aligning the center of the cap sleeve with the shoulder seam, but I have no idea if that was the right thing to do. I guess it was, because it worked. When I make this dress again I will not do cap sleeves. Aside from being a pain to put in, they cut into the front of my arms a little bit. I think I would be more comfortable in a sleeveless version or one with long sleeves - and I want to make both!