On Tuesday (Tour de Fleece Stage 10) I finished spinning the singles of my 2 oz of Wensleydale. I figured out/remembered that I could spin it long draw from the fold and that made a huge difference! It went much faster and more smoothly.
Yesterday (Stage 11) I plied the singles. I chain plied, and it mostly went smoothly. There were several places where the singles were too thin or underspun and the thread broke as I was plying - including one spot where the broken end got lost in the bobbin of singles and I ended up cutting it. Those spots were much more common towards the end of the plying, which was of course the beginning of the singles, when I hadn't yet figured out how to spin this fiber. Towards the end I also noticed that the singles were way underspun (you can see this in the picture) so I may not be able to actually use all of the yarn. I'm okay with that.
I have no idea what weight this is or how many yards I have - I still need to skein it off and wash it.