Friday, November 7, 2014

"Girl Vomit" Quilt

My church's Fall fundraiser/auction was last weekend, and I donated this quilt (which I had finally finished the week before!)  I pieced this quilt top in July 2012, but I didn't get around to basting, quilting, and binding it until this Fall.  I liked the fabrics a lot when I bought them as a bundle, but I don't think they work very well together.  There's not enough value contrast.  Also, it's a LOT of pink. 

I am really proud of the free-motion machine quilting I did on it, though!  I used an idea from Leah Day's site: Quilt Busting Flower Power.  I quilted five large flowers and then filled in the rest of the quilt with a loopy meander. I think it turned out beautifully!
I'm glad to be finished with another project, and glad to have improved my fmq skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment