I finally finished my not wedding shrug! According to my master UFO list (in which this project is no longer listed) I started it in February, 2013. It's been sitting waiting to be blocked for a few months - I even actually wore it to the symphony unblocked over Thanksgiving weekend. It's a lot easier to get on and off now that it's blocked open.
I used my new lace blocking wires (they were a Christmas gift from Robert).
I originally intended to wear this over my wedding dress at our wedding reception, but I didn't finish it in time and the weather was so perfect that I didn't need it anyway. Also, my wedding dress had a high lace back with buttons all the way up to my neck, so it wouldn't have shown off either the dress or the shrug to full advantage. I think the lace shrug looks really great over the black t-shirt. Now I need to make a high-backed solid color dress or two to wear it over!