Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Last week's CMS/Colloquium knitting

Two weeks ago, when my mom was visiting for my wedding, I finished the first 30" strip of Baby Rai's blanket and cast on for the second one.  I decided to use size 3 needles (which is what is called for in the pattern) and only 39 stitches rather than size 1 needles, which was what I had been using to get the strip to be 6" wide using the 42 stitches called for in the pattern. 

I started knitting in earnest in CMS last week, and it was too wide.  So in Colloquium, I switched to smaller needles.  You can see this in the photo (which by the way, was taken after dark inside my apartment with no flash using my fancy new camera!)  But the top part, after I switched needles, is now about a quarter inch too narrow, not to mention that the edges are not anywhere near straight.  It is already 8" long, so I'm loath to rip it out and start over, but I kind of think I should.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I need to decide before tomorrow afternoon, which is the last Thursday of our regular semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment