Sunday, January 6, 2013

Holiday Sewing

 I sewed Christmas gifts by machine right up until the morning we left to visit family for the holidays, and then I sewed another gift by hand almost right up until Christmas Eve.  I made this little clutch for a friend using this tutorial at Noodlehead.  I did the interfacing a little bit differently than in the tutorial (I wanted to use some heavy fleece-type sew-in interfacing I happened to have in my stash to give it extra stiffness, and I ended up wonder-undering all of the layers together), but it was much easier than I thought it would be and it came out really well!  It has handy card pockets and a divider inside:
I also made (but didn't manage to get photograph) a super-cool zip-itself coin purse using this tutorial.  It was pretty easy, and seems like magic!  I filled it with two miniature bottles of nail polish and Santa put it into someone's stocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment