Monday, January 14, 2013

Colloquium knitting returns!

This past week was the first week of our Spring semester, and my department is hiring this year, so even though I forgot to bring my knitting on Thursday I still knitted through two "special colloquiua" last week.  Plus one today.  This picture shows the second 30" strip as of this morning, when it was 20.5" long (there's another special colloquium tomorrow, so I didn't bring my knitting home with me this evening.)  As of now, it's about 24", and i need to start knitting tighter, because it's been getting a little bit wider as I go along. 

I used to be an incredibly tight knitter, but lately my tension has loosened a lot.  On this project, I'm using the exact yarn called for in the pattern, but I had to go down two whole needle sizes!  I think its a good thing, but it takes a bit of getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment