Last night I made this little drawstring bag for the purple socks. I didn't have time to pre-wash the fabric, and I didn't have a pattern, but it turned out pretty well. I was vaguely trying to mentally follow this tutorial that I saw last week, but I couldn't remember where I had seen it and I didn't want it lined anyway, so it didn't quite work out the way I had intended - there was an issue with what to do with the seam allowances at the drawstring openings.
What I did was fold down the ends 2" and press, then sew all the way up the sides, leaving a 3/4" gap about 3/4" down from the top. When I turned the thing right side out, the seam allowances were all pointing in to the bag, when you really want them to fold inside the drawstring casing. What I need to do next time is sew the sides of the bag FIRST, and then told the top in and make the casing.
I also trimmed the fabric for the tablecloth, but ran out of steam before I could figure out how I want to hem it. Maybe I'll finish that today.