Tuesday, April 5, 2011

UFO: Green lace shawl

Welcome to UFOs, a new feature on Will Knit for Math! I'll post pictures of my Un-Finished Objects, so I can keep track of (and not forget about) them, and anyone out there who may or may not be reading this blog can laugh about the huge huge number of unfinished projects I have going.Here is my green lace shawl. I bought the yarn at the Red Rock Knit Shop in Sedona, AZ when I was on summer vacation in 2009. It is now almost summer 2011. The shawl is pretty slow going, and it takes a fair amount of concentration to follow the charted pattern correctly. As you can see, this project is currently living in one of my new tin buckets in my living room. So far, having it in view everyday has been pretty effective as far as remembering to work on it goes.
Here's a picture of the whole thing so far. It's difficult to see the whole thing, since it is now wider than the length of the circular needle I'm using.
Here's a closeup of some of the lace patterns. I had a hard time photographing it well - there wasn't really enough contrast between the shawl and the carpet in my living room. The last picture was taken without flash, and this one with flash, but neither of them looks very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment