Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome to Will Knit for Math!

Welcome to my new blog! I'm a first year math graduate student, and when I'm not studying, I love to knit, sew, spin, embroider, and make tatted lace. The name of the blog comes from my Thursday afternoons - every week, the grad students in my department gather for a talk by one of our own, followed by departmental colloquium, when all of the grad students and professors get together for a talk by a guest speaker. I almost always bring my knitting. It helps keep my hands busy and my brain awake to focus on the talk. My intention is to take a photo at the end of each colloquium so I can see my projects grow. I'm sure my other crafty projects will get posted, too, as well as some vegan food.

I don't have a knitting picture yet, but here are Huck and Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment