Sunday, February 20, 2011

First brown skirt


Here is the first brown skirt I made a few weeks ago. I bought the fabric and pattern during the JoAnn labor day sale last September, but I didn't get around to cutting out the pieces until January. A few weeks ago, my friend Evelyn kindly helped me put in the zipper (something I'd never done before). I really like the fabric, and I think it fits me well. I'm already thinking of adaptations of the pattern for future skirts - including a reproduction of my favorite skirt, which is unfortunately dying. My two favorite things about this pattern are the pockets and the pleats - both of which I had difficulty photographing well. The directions for putting together the pockets were somewhat confusing, but I'm really pleased with how they turned out.
You can kind of see the back pleats in this picture of the zipper. There are similar pleats in the front, too.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! I also love your knitted products, especially the baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete