Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Me-Made-May 2019

I'm participating in Me-Made-May again.  Here's my pledge:

I, Katherine of WillKnitForMath, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May 2019. I endeavour to wear me-mades as much as I can, finish my long-term UFO Liberty pintuck blouse, and make several pairs of underwear during May 2019.

My goal with this is to get back into wearing me-made clothing - at almost a year post-partum, I'm still nursing my son and my weight is lower than it's been since junior high.  Because of that, a lot of my self-made clothing doesn't work for me right now, and hasn't since the early part of my pregnancy - a year and a half ago!  I also haven't sewn much in that time, because I haven't had the energy or the time to spare for it.  I plan to track which and how often I wear my me-mades, and fill a few gaps in my wardrobe (namely a work-appropriate blouse and some underwear, since the pairs I made 3 years ago are now very worn).

In general, I'd like to re-connect with my fiber hobbies.  I feel better and less stressed when I take time to work on sewing, knitting, and spinning.  I'd like to work through some of my stash, and actually finish some of the projects I've had planned or in progress for over a year.  My intention is to take some time (even just 5-10 minutes) to work on making things every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment