Sunday, August 21, 2016
The Ravellenic Games
first one, up at the top, was fun and easy to knit, although since it has a seam that doesn't stretch, it ended up not being round. I didn't manage to photograph it until it had already been used. The second one was a super simple Grandmother's choice washcloth. It used significantly less yarn than the first one.
third one is a pattern I made up to try to use up the rest of the cotton yarn. I started in the center with a turkish cast-on and a 3-stitch garter tab, then picked up three stitches on each side and started knitting in the round. Then after a little bit I started knitting spiral stripes. I did that until the red yarn ran out, and then I did a few rounds of garter stitch in blue and finished with a picot bind-off. I didn't use up all of the blue yarn, but it was getting to be too big. I also didn't manage to photograph this one until it had been used.
These were definitely a success! They're not quite as scrubby as the scrubby side of a sponge, but on the whole they work well. We'll see how they hold up through the washer and dryer, but I'm already planning to make more. Our new washing machine has a very large capacity and runs best when it is completely full, so we're going to need several of these so we can change them often in between doing laundry. Also, I have that leftover blue yarn to use up.