The leftover black yarn from these socks is long gone, so I used some of the leftover navy blue from Robert's new socks. Hopefully the patch will be hidden under his pant leg, so he can continue to wear these as dress socks!
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
first pair I made for Robert) has been sitting in my mending pile for several weeks. I finally sat down and worked my way through the whole pile so I wouldn't have to move un-mended clothing. I used this tutorial on how to knit on a patch, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Next time I would pay more attention and make sure to knit the patch in the same direction as the socks - it didn't occur to me that this would be an issue when I was picking up stitches, but I think that would make it easier to graft the live stitches to the sock at the end of the patch. I wasn't really thinking and knit this patch in the heel-to-cuff direction, even though the socks were knit cuff down.