Sunday, February 28, 2016

Friday Night Sew-In

The strap on the purse I made in 2013 wore out. I still loved the purse -  it was the right size and I'm really happy with the way the three interior pockets help me keep track of things, but the strap and outside were too threadbare to take out in public any more.

So I bought some canvas fabric, and a few weeks ago I disassembled the old purse, made a new canvas exterior, and spent a Friday night putting it back together.
I'm really happy with how it turned out!  Re-using the old interior saved a lot of materials and time. The only hitch was that the new exterior turned out slightly bigger than the old one, so if you look closely you can see that I had to ease the together fairly aggressively at the top  edge.  I also made the strap a bit too long.  But overall, I feel like my favorite purse has a new lease on life.  Hopefully it will last another two and  a half years!

No comments:

Post a Comment