Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Baby Tea Leaves Sweater finished!

I finished this little sweater for my niece last night.  I had hoped to finish it in time to mail it before the post office's deadline for packages to get there before Christmas, but I didn't really even come close.  It will be a New Year's gift instead.

I'm really happy with how it turned out.  It was a fun and fairly quick and easy knit.  I hope it fits well.  I'm really not sure if the sleeves are the right length - I don't remember whether the pattern was written for 3/4 length or full length sleeves, and I wasn't thinking about that at all when I made the sleeves 1/4-1/2" longer than the pattern said to (I also lengthened the body by about that amount; my niece is tall and skinny).

I would definitely make this sweater again.  There is also a version for older girls and for adults.  I kind of want to make the adult version for  myself.

2 comments: