Sunday, June 29, 2014

Toadstool socks finished!

I finished the toadstool socks a few weeks ago, and I'm so glad they're done!  I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I conquered the fiddly yarn and poorly written pattern!

I will not, however, be wearing them.  They're too narrow for my feet.  I can easily get them on, but stretching them around my feet distorts the pattern.  I need someone with long, very narrow feet to give these away to ...

I still have some of the toadstool yarn.  I'm planning to use the kit leftovers for lead yarn on my spinning wheel, but I might knit a few preemie/newborn hats from the leftover patterned yarn. 

The yarn is Abi Grasso toadstool self-patterning sock yarn.  I ended up having to wing the pattern, since the one that came with the yarn was not workable at all - the directions said cast on 56 stitches, and only after reading the chart and trying to figure out why I couldn't for the life of me get the pattern to show up did I discover that the stitch count should be 52.  I didn't like how the sample sock looked with the striped heel flap and solid brown gusset, so I did an afterthought heel.  I also didn't like the lime green color yarn, so I used brown for all of the solid parts - luckily there was enough of the brown yarn in the kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment