Saturday, May 4, 2013

Crochet edged receiving blankets

 One of the post-docs in my department is due to have a baby boy next week, and last week we had a little baby shower for her.  I made two crochet-edged baby blankets.  I had such a great time choosing the fabrics to make these!  I based them on the tutorial from Sew Chic, but I wanted to make them double-sided, so I used one yard each of flannel and quilting cotton, and serged the edges with right sides together.  Then I turned them right side out and pressed the edges, and then crocheted the edging.  Unfortunately I didn't start them until the night before the shower, and so I didn't finish them in time!  I wrapped them up anyway, and told her that she had to give them back after opening them so I could finish.  I finished them last weekend and gave them to her last Monday.  Here's a picture of the finished product:
The blankets finished at just under 34" square, and they are machine wash- and dry-able. 

No comments:

Post a Comment