Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jelly roll race!

This post is horribly belated.  I finished my jelly roll race quilt top almost a month ago (I think?  I can't quite remember).  This is the first of the quilts my mom and I bought fabric for at the quilt festival in November and plan to make "together."  She finished her top back in December, but I didn't manage to finish mine until after the holiday rush. 

I love it!  It's pretty loud.  It's a small lap quilt size, but I think it will be big enough to cuddle with on the couch.  I decided not to put any borders on it.  Once I quilt it, I'm going to bind it in a coordinating solid.

I'm excited to machine quilt this.  I think what I'm going to do is one big spiral starting somewhere in the middle and going all the way out to the edges.  I'm just not quite sure how to do it.  Do I start with a free-motion foot in the middle and then switch to a walking foot, or do I do the whole thing with the walking foot?  I think I need to do some internet tutorial research on this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment