Saturday, June 16, 2012

June FNSI Results

My shorts were successful!  This was my third muslin for the "Giraffe love" pajama shorts I'm planning to make myself.  The first muslin was my March FNSI project.  I never got around to posting the second muslin because I was discouraged that it didn't come out quite right.  This time, I re-drafted the pattern from scratch, with a deeper "J" on the front pattern piece.  I also made the back waist a little higher than the front, and I tried out little side vents at the outside leg hems (not visible in the photo).  It worked!  I think they fit pretty well: they are comfortable standing and sitting, aren't to tight across the rear, and the waistband is at an appropriate height all the way around!

Now I just need to wash the giraffe and polka-dot lining fabric, and I can make the real ones!

Head on over to Handmade by Heidi to see what other people accomplished last night.


  1. Visiting from FNSI ... great shorts and it is so nice to see people sewing garments. I used to sew all my clothes and that of my two girls when they were much younger. Sadly it is much cheaper to walk into Target etc now to cloth ourselves than it is to buy the fabric lol. Mind you I still love smocking and will have to get on and start a hope chest for grandkids one day lol

  2. You did a great job. Persistence pays off in the end. Please post your giraffes when you're done!