Friday, May 4, 2012

Felted soap

Even though there are no colloquia in the summer, and I'm focusing on math right now (like, a lot), I'm still working on some projects - and thinking about others.  I realized that I won't be able to make a new dress or skirt before the end of June at the earliest (so if I do make one this summer I won't finish in time to wear it this summer) and that made me kind of sad.  But last week I made this quick and easy project.  I started with a lavender Dr. Bronner's bar of soap, wrapped it with colored wool, and felted it in a bowl of hot tap water.  I put it in my locker at the gym, so now I don't have to use the gross-smelling soap they have in the showers in the locker room anymore.  That makes me happy.  The felt is sort of like a built-in washcloth, and it keeps the wet soap from making a mess in my locker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment