My garden socks are almost done! I just need to finish the second cuff and weave in all the ends on both socks. I'm happy with the length of the legs, and I used up just about all of the purple yarn.
I don't think it's very clear in the pictures, but I tried to do a ruffled cuff/bind off. One of the issues with toe-up socks is that cast-offs are often not as stretchy as cast-ons, so you have to be careful that you'll be able to get the bound-off edge around your heel to get the socks on and off, and that it won't be too tight around your leg while you're wearing them. I also wanted the cuff to echo the waves of the feather and fan lace. What I decided to do was knit into the front and back of every stitch on the second-to -last round before the bind-off, so I had twice as many stitches as in the body of the sock, which creates a bit of a ruffle. I think it solved both problems pretty well.