Monday, August 22, 2011

Baby blanket finished!


Today I am sitting at home hoping that our air conditioner will be fixed. Even for me, 90 degrees and humid inside is a bit much. Robert was fairly miserable yesterday afternoon and last night. Luckily, I don't have class until four today, so it wasn't much trouble to be at home and wait for maintenance people. The upside of being stuck at home is that I was able to finish this cute little receiving blanket for my dad's office manager. She and her husband are expecting a baby girl the first week of September.

I followed this tutorial from Sewchic. I saw this adorable flannel on sale at JoAnn a few months ago, so I bought the supplies for the blanket (it only takes a yard of fabric) and waited until I encountered a suitable recipient. When I got home from my travels, I started the blanket. It was quite easy and fast. I am thinking of making a few more to donate to my church's fall auction fundraiser, but first I have several other projects which need finishing (more posts about those objects coming up soon!)

Here is a close-up of the picot loops, or "pudbumps," as Robert has dubbed them:





No comments:

Post a Comment