Tuesday, October 11, 2022

7x7 Capsule

 

I did the Wool& 7x7 challenge - to wear only 7 items of clothing for 7 days.  I chose jeans, woolx leggings, two very old long-sleeved cotton t-shirts, a woolovers cardigan, and two dresses that I sewed myself (this one and a grey synthetic ponte wrap dress that I haven't gotten around to blogging yet).

Tuesday, October 4:

Wednesday, October 5:

Thursday, October 6:

Friday, October 7:

Saturday, October 8:


Sunday, October 9:

Monday, October 10:


This was a fun challenge, although honestly not all that different from my usual practice.  I just don't own very many clothes.  I did enjoy that it gave me the nudge to wear my grey wrap dress more often.  I started sewing it as a maternity dress when I was pregnant with my second child in the winter of 2019-2020, but didn't finish it until this summer (and I leveled the hem to make it non-maternity, as I'm obviously not pregnant any more).  I wasn't sure whether I liked it very much, but this challenge has given me new appreciation for it.  I'd like to sew another (fully non-maternity) version in a wool or cotton fabric, possibly with pockets.



No comments:

Post a Comment